Wednesday 19 October 2011

Digital Media in Visual Marketing

This session concluded of getting into groups and looking at the task we were set last week, which was to produce a piece of pre production on any piece of digital media. This could include anything from a t.v series to a magazine. I decided to do a poster which would be for a music festival. My target audience was between 18 - 25 year old's and my poster needed to be vibrant, legible and the composition had to tie in with my festival. I completed this task, however I miss understood some of the brief as it was vague. I did what I thought was asked. However I hadn't completed the task fully.

The next stage of our lecture was to go over our  major brief which is re branding one of the products gave to us. We have to work in groups and present of ideas and final outcome on the 9th January. My group consists of Me, Jodie and Tom. At the moment our group aren't sure what we will be re branding as we haven't discussed our ideas properly yet. However I'm sure that we will meet and go over the brief together. I quite like the idea of re branding spam as it has such a bad name. It classed as cheap and nasty and I would love to re invent this, however it depends what my team want to do as well.

The final part of our lecture was some Photo Shop CS5 tutorials which in this case was image correction. This was something which I had already learnt in college. However it was good to re cap as I haven't been on Photo Shop CS5 for a while. I would like to do more tutorials as I love practical based work. We all learnt how to correct an image as a class, which we followed as Jane went through it on the projector. I found that some people had never used Photo Shop and we was asked as a group to help others who didn't have much knowledge. This is good team building as we will be doing this in a job environment.

Overall I felt that this lecture turned out well apart from the fact that I hadn't completed last weeks task completely and also I'm not too sure about our brief. However I will be looking at this on the staff web website for reference as soon as it has been uploaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment