Wednesday 26 October 2011

Brief and Risk Assessment

We were set a brief last week which concludes of re branding of an product. These products are Blue Nun, Mateus Wine, Spam, Skol Lager, Brut Aftershave, Hai Karate, Babycham and Milk Tray. Our group which includes me, Tomas, Milly and Jodie will be meeting on Wednesday in the library to discuss which product we will be re branding. After we meet up, we will individually working on rough visuals for our chosen product. However we need to research this product fully visually and contextually, this will help us with our re branding.

We need to pick a medium which we will be using. I would like to do print marketing campaign as an advert for either a magazine or newspaper. As I believe that this would be the most successful, however I will have to discuss this with the rest of my group and see if they like the idea of this. I will be writing in my journal over the coming weeks to write about our progress with our re branding.

Today's session included a talk about risk assessment which was presented to us by the technician Anthony Hunt. This talk was quite interesting, however some of the information I already knew. I learnt how to fill in an risk assessment form which is something I had never done. We completed our risk assessment in my friends flat. The talk itself lasted three hours. We was shown several videos on health and safety which we had to guess whether they was real or not. The video that shocked me the most was the live t.v broadcast of Anthea Turner being injured. I thought that this video was fake however it was because everyone was given the same signal, major lack of communication. This could of been a fatal accident. We was also shown a clip which I believe was from final destination to show the risks in the home, we had to say what we risks we seen within the clip. This proved to be easier than I first thought. We were shown another photograph and again we had to identify the hazards which proved again to be easier than I thought. Overall I thought that this presentation was interesting and I will taking what I have learnt away with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment