Tuesday 10 January 2012

More Research On Brut

I have decided to look at the adverts which Brut have produced throughout the years. As I need my own caption, I thought that this would be a good basis for my research. Brut's captions in my opinion are outdated, I believe that this may be the downfall of the companies advertisement scheme. I feel that I will need to produce a simple yet effective. I may be using either be a real man or you aren't a real man until Brut. I do feel that the second caption is too long. As you have to think of all  printed advertising such as billboards, the caption has to short enough to read a short amount of time this is why I will be using "Be a real man". This statement will be able to be read quickly and its straight to the point. I feel that it also relates to the aftershave that Brut was already trying to convey. 

This adverts both use serif fonts, which have be placed on a black backgrounds. The typography is white so this stands out nicely against the contrasting colour. The adverts still show models which is still in fashion today along other fragrance companies. The bottle isn't always needed in an advert which is shown in these examples. I will take this into consideration when designing my own. Brut have also used a range of celebrities which is show in one of my examples. This advert shows two very small bottles in which two celebrities are holding. The main focus point is the celebrities that are present, which helps to sell the product. This is the only example that has a range of colours. This was unlikely as it cost so much to print colour on a large scale. I will be taking all of this factors into consideration whilst developing my own personal ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment