Sunday 8 January 2012

Other Successful Aftershaves

I have choose three successful aftershaves including Hugo Boss, Paco Rabanne, Diesel.

Hugo Boss started his clothes company in 1923 in Metzingen, this is still based in a small town south of Stuttgart. However, due to the economic climate in Germany at that time so Hugo Boss was forces into bankruptcy in 1930. This didn't dishearten Boss and he set up a new business in 1931 and became member of the Nazi party. Because of the rise of Adolf Hitler in 1933, Boss's business began to improve as he became the official supplier of uniforms to the SA and SS guards. After the defeat of Germany in 1945, Boss was charged with being sympathetic to the Nazi cause and was denied the right to vote in Germany and ordered to pay a fine. He died in 1948 but his business had survived and in 1953 the company began making suits. The timing of this choice was perfect, as the male fashion industry had began and through the 60's and 70's Boss suits became the benchmark for fashionable menswear. In 1985 the company was floated on the stock exchange and the main stock holder is Marzotto textile. In 1993, after 70 years that it was founded, Hugo Boss launched its first perfume. This important area of the company has been expanding ever since.


In 1987, Boss Orange was launched which was described as sporty and casual, This separated itself from the trendy Hugo brand and also the Boss sophisticated black brand.There is Boss green which is a sporty brand. These are the companies products which are available throughout the world in 103 countries and it has more than 5,000 retail stores. These brands are Boss, Hugo and since 2004 Baldessarini. Baldessarini was named after the former chairman Werner Baldessarini. Baldessarini is mainly a independent business that focuses on the image of the other brands. It sells clothing, shoes, fragrances and accessories. However this doesn't have  the Spring and Summer collection like the other brands do. This is due to the new premium Boss line, the Boss black selection. Baldessarini fashion recently sold for 9 million pounds to Ahlers Ag, who are a fashion brand holding company in 2006. However all of the fragrance brands are owned by Procter and Gamble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqZW3GX5dFU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88HATBcODWk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G3PeojmiWY



I have picked this in particular adverts as I feel they are the most graphical and I have been looking at other examples that Hugo Boss produce as I knew that this would help me with my own design, I have looked at splash effects which occurs in many aftershave adverts. This is where I will be taking my own magazine advert. I have decided on using blue as the consumer will relate this to an perfume with the splash effect that I will be producing. I was thinking about using photography within my magazine advert however I want to produce a advert which is original. I will be using mediums such as pencil crayons and fine liner to produce a nice crisp look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment